Rename is a tool to rename files. It can change, lowercase and
uppercase a batch of files, or modify their ownership. It's a small
and quick tool written in C so it's quicker than most rename tools
written in shell scripts. Rename is powered by the extended regular
expression for searching and substituting string patterns in the
These are main features of rename:
- Substitue strings in file's name.
- Search and substitue strings in file's name by
- Uppercase or lowercase file's name.
- Support batch mode rename.
- Recursively processing directories and subdirectories.
- Support to read the filename list from a file.
- Change ownership of files.
- Safe mode: test before you go.
When you take interesting in this project, you can visit relative
information in the Sourceforge, or access the
of the project.
You are welcome to take part in the project. Any codes, documents,
FAQs, BUGS reports or tracking, tests and feedbacks are looked as
kinds of engaging. Please visit the
sourceforge.net for details.
There are descriptions about how to
take part in.
You might register in the sourceforge first. or directly write to